Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Incognito

When a dermatologist decides to use liquid nitroglycerin on a portion of your face, it stings.  Who knew it stung so much that you stifled a loud scream.  Obviously,I, your local coward, was unprepared for pain.  Remember me?  I was the one who never got her ears pierced until age fifty.

Beyond the pain, the area has turned blushing red.  Soon,  it will blister and my eye will bulge.  Not a pretty sight.  Next, dead skin will flake away. Not to worry soothes said dermatologist.  I will look normal in seven to ten days.  See you on church.  Maybe.

I checkedwith my live-in grandson, Andy and he predicted that things were going to get real ugly soon. His slogan is "keep it real."   I should tell him that reality sucks .  Grandmas shouldn't talk like that, but sassy ones do..

So here is my plea.  Where does one get those hideous oversized visors that celebrities and other nefarious characters hide behind to avoid recognition? It is either that,or I will hide in plain sight at my humble abode until the mirror says it's okay to go out and about.  By the way, the pierced ears have closed  up again.  Where can you buy those clip on earrings?  Must be an oldies store around.

One positive note:  I'll never get a facelift, tumy tuck or any thing painful.  Reminds me of an old saying of husband Des when we discussed  diets.  "Costs just as much to bury a fat guy as a skinny one."  That goes for ugly as well.

So Says Sassy

No comments:

Post a Comment